Do you have spare time on your hands or are you looking for something special to do that could make a positive difference to someone else's life?
We need volunteers to join us in our work, helping the homeless and disadvantaged people of North Devon. We would be unable to achieve many of our objectives without the willingness, commitment and dedication of volunteers.
Working as a volunteer at Freedom can be both challenging and rewarding whilst at the same time being something that can give you a great deal of personal satisfaction in knowing that you have contributed towards improving the quality of someone else’s life.
Volunteering opportunities exist in the following areas:
- Kitchen Work – Supervised by the Kitchen manager
- The preparation and delivery of a healthy nutritious meal each day.
- Serving teas and coffees.
- Washing dishes and clearing tables.
- Sorting food donations and dealing with stock rotation.
- Day Centre Support – Supervised by the Day Centre Team Leader
- Helping clients fill out forms.
- Sorting and hanging donated clothes in the clothes store.
- Supervising the use of the shower room and making sure towels and aprons are washed each day.
- Administration – Supervised by the Administrative Team Leader
- Keying statistics
- General office duties
We are also developing our work in training and education and health and fitness and expect to have opportunities in these areas in the near future.
All prospective volunteers must complete an application form in the first instance. As part of this process we may decide to carry out police checks through the Criminal Records Bureau. These checks are made for the protection of those who use our services.
If you have a particular skill or experience that you would like to share we would also be pleased to hear from you. Why not call into the centre and pick up an application form, alternatively e-mail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send one to you.
If you would like to find out more about how Freedom Social Projects works with volunteers then please feel free to download or print the following.